Last minute gifts for everyone on your list and every budget.
So it's that time of year again... already! I'm not sure what's going on, but this Christmas season seems busier than most. And being in the Land Down Under, I have this theory that Christmas time is much more hectic here compared to what our friends in the Northern Hemisphere experience. I think it's because Aussies have their Christmas break and summer break all wrapped into this one time of year. So once it finally rolls around people are in dire need of a break, but then they have to deal with all the extra kerfuffle of shopping, entertaining and completely redecorating the house. Talk about being in need of a holiday from a holiday!
Then there's the issue of the weather itself. It's anything but frightful. As I've mentioned before, I'm originally from Ohio. So at this time of year I'm used to staying inside and watching movies, eating cookies and drinking lots of hot chocolate and egg nog. But in Australia, the weather is amazing and who wants to go shopping at a mall when you can hang at the beach and soak up the sun?
So, if you're anything like me you might have fallen a bit behind on your Christmas shopping this year. Not to worry, after doing some digging, I think we last minute shoppers might actually be ahead of the game. First, there's a ton of discounts (Boxing Day has already started, apparently?!). And with all of the great shipping options, most things can be delivered to your door without you ever having to leave the pool!
1. I'm obsessed with these wireless Kreafunk Ahead headphones. I've dropped hints all over the place that I would really love a pair for Christmas. Not only are they super cute and comfortable, they have all kinds of built in features like an on-ear control panel, which includes answer/end phone call, play, pause, skip track, and volume. They also feature a built-in microphone, PU leather earmuffs, and an extendable headband. Gifts Australia $175 AUD (plus free shipping for orders over $99!)
2. Miles Davis kisses his beloved trumpet backstage in 1954. This iconic black and white photo, jazz man would suit pretty much any decor and is sure to make a statement. An especially great gift for the person who has everything. CB2 in collaboration with Sonic Edition $297.75 - $1195.48 AUD
3. This little gem is mightier than it looks. The makers of the Audio Pro Addon c5 Wireless Speaker believe that music should be felt, not just heard. It works with multiple devices and in different rooms. And the aesthetic is just darling. It comes in a few different colours, but I like the pink. David Jones $399 AUD (and free shipping!)
4. These little pop art and sparkle coasters are sure to brighten up any side table. A perfect festive last minute hostess gift or a natural addition to a coffee table book or a nice bottle of wine. West Elm $29 AUD
5. As fascinating as she is beautiful, the former First Lady's new release memoir is sure to be a page turner. And because she came out with her book before President Obama, she has said that she got first dibs on all the best stories of the their time in the White House. I just got my copy on Audibles (read by Mrs Obama!). I reckon this would be a good one to get someone on your list and yourself. Amazon Prime: $30.60 AUD
6. Not only a beautiful coffee table book, this hardback details the craftsmanship that Italy's men's fashion industry has elevated to an art form like nowhere else in the world. Booktopia: $80 AUD
7. For any avid biker, this timber cycle holder is a godsend! Having everything in its rightful place whilst still being accessible in a rush is an organisational dream for me-- and one that's yet to come true. But you could make the organisational dreams come true for the bike lover on your list with this gift! CB2 $74.75 AUD
8. This cozy throw would be perfect for cooler nights by the fire. And its fun pattern and monochrome palette would go with just about any decor, not to mention it features inverse colours on the back. I love a good two-for-one! Who doesn't? West Elm $39 AUD
9. Each of these earthenware geometric vases are handcrafted by fair-trade artisans in the Philippines, which means each one is subtly unique. They're water tight, but I think they look great just as sculptural objects, too. West Elm $20.30-$48.30 AUD
10. Everyone has a tea lover in their life, and this flowering tea created by the Rare Tea Co. is such a perfect gift in so many ways. Not only is it gourmet and super affordable (it's the only tea served at two-Michelin-star restaurant, Norma), but it's organic and handpicked by fair-trade tea farmers around the world. Not to mention that Rare Tea Co. and its charity gives scholarships to children of tea producers which enables more education throughout the entire community. Rare Tea Co. $4.50 AUD
11. I am of the firm belief that if there's a statement that rings particularly true to you, then it should be put on a tote. That's why this gift is extra special. Clare V. has partnered up with Every Mother Counts (EMC) to create this carry-all, and 100% of net proceeds from this collection goes EMC. EMC works to make pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother, everywhere. So you know that your gift will keep giving long after the holidays are over. Every Mother Counts in collaboration with Clare V. $70.40 AUD
12. Not sure what to get someone who has everything? They probably don't have this graphic tiger trinket tray yet. A perfect gift for budget restrictions and sure to be a welcome wakeup to any night stand. Oliver Bonas $19.90 AUD
13. So much more than candleholders, these fun geometric earthenware and timber candleholders can provide multi-level ambiance or sculptural interest even when they're sans candles. Designed by pioneers in the art pottery and maker movements, James Klein and David Reid. This duo have been designing and crafting ceramics in Brooklyn for 25 years. West Elm $37.80 - $48.30 AUD
14 For under $2o bucks, this adorably fringed hanging photo frame is perfect for a low budget gift exchange. Bonus points for taking the time to print out and installing a fun snap of the intended recipient. H&M $18.50 AUD
15. You know we couldn't forget our furry best friends, we were just saving the best for last! These wool covered fetch balls are crafted by tradeswomen in Nepal for your pooch. They are coloured with all-natural vegetable dye and come in two different sizes and look chic while lying around the house or yard.
Your kitten's new year is looking promising with this "You will catch the mouse" catnip fortune cookie. The best part is that your cat is not the only one getting a better future with the purchase of this gift because all of the proceeds will go to helping animals in need. Things are looking up for 2019! Ware of the Dog (Balls) from $11 AUD; Modern Beast (Cookie) from $17 AUD